Saturday, February 27, 2010

Joy and excitment!

So there is one question I always get asked either by other cyclists or by those that do not understand the sport at all, "How many miles did you go?"  That is where the mistake begins, it is not at all about the number of miles, but the time!  Whenever it is thought about in miles it feels like it is a quantified amount of work that must be done.  Whenever I think about a ride as time, I think about the amount of time I get to spend doing one of the best activities out there!  I love to ride my bike.  It has even been better this year.  The past 3 years have been really busy for me, 3 years ago I built Adventure 212, 2 years ago our house, last year I did a huge Crestron System that took me 11 months to complete.  This year, nothing but bike riding!  I finally feel like I have a complete work team that allows me to just check in with them in the morning, answer any questions, then it is time to go ride!! It is awesome and relaxing! 

For more excitement, my basement looks like a bike shop.  Michelle and I went to DePere on Thursday night to have dinner with Pete and Sara at Calientes and to pick up the first round of team supplies.  There was so much, that I had to drive home with the truck bed cover open!!  It is great to have such a great relationship with an incredible sponsor like Specialized.  This year Team Adventure 212/Specialized will be rocking everything Specialized related this year.  Shoes, Gloves, Glasses, Helmets, Gloves, Tires, and bikes.  Speaking of bikes here is my new race rig!

Sorry for the poor picture, but best I can do with my cell phone and a couple lattes!!  It came straight out of the box at just a shy over 21 pounds!  Not bad, by the time I get the sweet Easton products on it, the No Tubes wheels, and mount some Renegades up tubeless it should be around 20 pounds.  Here is also a pic of a couple more team bikes, work still needed:


This year is going to be fun!!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hey thanks for the motorvation! I'm sitting here trying to get my mind around a 5hr ride with a million other things to do. I forget sometimes how it is actually fun once you get out there! BTW that bike looks SICK.

Darrin & Lynn said...

Sweet!!! I am with Mike on the"SICK"! Can't wait for the season. P.S. Been riding a lot in Indiana....I think Kentucky has better scenery. Keep the wheels turning!

Chris said...

I like the look of this years bike better than last! You down there training for the Little Indy??