Friday, February 12, 2010

Tour de Snow Globe


That is what the last 2 days felt like.  The two days were a bit different though!

Day 1:
It felt like someone left the globe on the heater.  The snow from the day before turned into slush and it made me work on my handling skills. Either way there was a ride to do so I put the studded tires on the Specialized Tricross, strapped on the fenders, and let 'er rip.  I could of used an autometic de-icer while out on the bike.  It wasn't too bad though cause the bit warmer temps at least made it fun for the day.  It left me a ton of bike cleaning to do. 


Day 2:
Nice and cold!! I left the door to -2F temps and ended up on the frozen back roads so that I was going slower and had to deal with less wind chill:


With the roads frozen it was nice to get rid of the fenders, but I had the barmitts in full use!  Do you think this is what the engineers at Specialized had in mind for their top of the line cross racer? 


Off course it is!!!

Speaking of Specialized, a big thanks needs to go out to them led by Pete and Bill.  They will once again be the sponsor of the Adventure 212/Specialized MTB Team and are coming to the plate in a big way!  Thanks so much and the entire team is super motivated and excited for the 2010 season. 

2 more stages to go!

No comments: