Thursday, February 18, 2010

Laying low

So it never fails!  You ride through snow storms and whatever mother nature throws at you, then when you get a recovery week you get some of the best weather of the winter!  It is supposed to be almost 40 here today and I do not even have a ride scheduled.  Might have to pull the commuter out just to go get groceries or something!! 

Other than that, been catching up on lots of things I have been putting off.  Built a new wheel yesterday for Michelle's powertap.  The old one was flexing so bad that it was wearing the spoke nipples to the point of the caps breaking off.

Been also dreaming of a new road bike.  I have enjoyed my Tricross so much that I keep looking at one of the new Tarmacs.  As I stated earlier I am starting year number 6 on my Seven.  That has got to be a bike record for me!  Longest I have ever kept a bike, but not like you ever unload on a custom built bike!! 

On other news, Michelle was on a TV interview this morning for Project Linus cause we are donating the space here at Adventure 212 this weekend for the event.  She did a good job!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Don't feel too bad, today sucked because it snowed the entire time but melted on the road, so my feet were completely soaked and numb. WTF. I am such a crabby old man when my F'ing feet are numb and wet. And I bonked. OK I am done complaing now. For the moment.