Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trails closed to snowmobiles

Well I took a page out of the Duluth gorups play book and hit up the snowmobile trails today.  It was 10 degrees when I walked out the door so I figured I would be more protected from the wind, and the slower pace would also help.  It was good, the trails were groomed before the rain a couple weekends ago so they were hard packed and the studded tires worked out well on the cross bike.  That philosophy worked well until I hit a state trail that connected two snowmobile club trails.  Needless to say the state trail was taken care of as well as they clean the roads around here!!  There were huge ruts that you would get caught in and after a couple close calls I ended up on the road for a bit.  All in all it turned into a good day and I hit my required time.

Michelle also got some good riding in, but was the smart one and rode the trainer!

Also on the team front Mike has been working real hard in his own spin off "Project Jersey"  Things are really coming together nice, and we will have a modified look to debut for this coming season.  More to come. 

Bikes have also been ordered for mos tof the team as well, so after everyones hard work the plans are coming together and now we can all focus on training.

No comments: