Sunday, January 10, 2010

b1rkie???? Don't think so.....

Well went out for another XC ski today.  Made it around the Blue loop at Iola.  Not sure if this is a good course for a beginner?  The course either goes up or down, no real straight, flat section to work on technique.  Either way it is just an aerobic workout for me so I do not really care.  It is interesting though, I feel like I am going all the way back to the sport days of racing bikes.  I am once again the slower person on the trails needing to be patient and yielding the trail to faster skiers.  I sure hope I do not have the same attitude of some of them while I am out on the trail though, especially in a non race situation??  If so smack me the next time you see me to wake me up. 

Today we are having a get together at our place for the Packer Game, so if you are around stop on in.  After last weekends game should be interesting to see how far they go in the playoffs.  I usually do not pay much attention but Michelle likes to watch and it is a reason to eat bad food and drink some beer in the offseason.  Like I really need an excuse!!  Speaking of the offseason this is the longest that I have ever had to just chill.  I know that I am active and still doing something, but usually by now I am training pretty hard gettitng ready for the March races in California.  Unfortunately after my experiences last year with Team "Blow" Air running the series I have a sour taste left in my mouth from a sponsor stand point and will not be supporting the series.  Anyway this is not the place for that.  Just wish we could get things together on a National front.  For events though, after travelling everywhere to ride/race, we are very lucky with the job Don does with the WORS series.  Antoher great series is the NUE 100 series.  Both are very well run and make it easy from a racer stand point with great competition.  Yeah there are a couple things that could improve, but overall, we are lucky in Wisconsin! Therefore you will see more of me this year and a switch in focus from years past.  Should be fun and the team is going to make it a blast with all the personality!!  I love racing bikes!! 

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

Iola is a pretty tough course. Fun but as you saw...up or down. There's a good race there in a few weeks. Get your feet wet in that one.