Saturday, January 23, 2010

Soaked through the layers....

Todays ride?? Well the temp was up there for January, 35 today??  The problem came in was that we had work things to do this morning which took us to Wausau for the entire morning.  By the time I got out the weather was starting to get worse with the rain really coming down, and by the end of the ride, sleet. I guess it is my fault since I did not make it in till the darkness was starting to settle in.  I am very thankful for the warmer weather right now cause with Michelle getting back into riding we would be fighting over roller time!  Ok that really wouldn't happen, cause no one in their right mind would fight to ride the rollers!!! Hard to believe I used to log 5 hour rides on those things!  Not any more though, that mind numbing mental capacity has all been used up for this life time!!

So this was my view today:


Good thing for the studded tires!! I ended up riding from 212 in Point and headed South to Almond, over to Wild Rose, then back up to Amherst.  It is usally a nice ride but the east wind was relentless today hanging around 15 to 20 mph.  Therefore I stuck to the back roads for some more cover and worked on my handling skills.  My average mph could not of been over 15 today with the wind and riding roads that looked like this!


Either way, it beat the rollers.  Now with the weather starting to turn back to norm next week with some single digits and subzero windchills scheduled, where should I head to keep up these base miles I have been enjoing???  Might be time to look on Travelocity for the cheapest flights to a warmer climate!! 

6 comments:

Mike said...

Nice ride! We should do a training weekend in Feb, head south for a couple days, weather and work permitting.

Anonymous said...

Well Denise and I got in 80 today and 70 last Monday. Sunny and about 68 both days with lots of sun! Try southern Ca. for your training rides!
GP&DP

Chris said...

Did you get all the rain a couple weekends ago?? We will be trying out Cali again this year. Will be in Solvang March 5th-13th! As for February training, plan to head to KY for an extended weekend.

Anonymous said...

We would love to join you for a couple of days of riding. We leave for Italy 4/4 and could use some hills. Keep us informed of the when and where if you want some additional company!
GP

Anonymous said...

Got lots of rain missed thee days of riding. Remember the Solvang Century is 3/13 and about 3000 freds will be in town and no rooms will be available! FYI

Chris said...

We plan to leave out on the 12th. Also we have been working to just rent a house to eliminate the going out to eat hassle and bike storage/cleaning!