Thursday, January 7, 2010

Im sailing.........

To quote an awesome flick "look at me everyone, I'm sailing!"



So that is what XC skiing was like today!  In my own world I think I finally got it.  The lesson was definetely a good thing and in a matter of a couple hours Susan showed me how to V-1, V-2, and to open field (I guess those are ski terms!?!).  I am so glad that I did not try to get through this on my own, cause I would of picked up every bad habit in the book.  Not to say I still wont when I try it without someone correcting me everytime I start down the wrong path!  Now the next question, to Birkie or not??  If I choose not to I will never here the end from TSP!  On the other side it is not till the end of February and I have never been away from the bike for that long before!!  Plus team camp would come very fast as we are looking at the 2nd week of March and I do not want all the teammates dropping me in the endless hills!!  More to come on this!

As for team camp, things are coming together.  We meet next week to hopefully get things rolling with the bikes, thanks to Specialized again!!  The jerseys are also being worked on as Mike fine tunes the graphics and gets them ready for Hidden Bay.  As for the camp it looks like we are going to do Solvang, CA, again this year.  Everyone out there treated us so well and gave so much support that we thought it only made sense.  We plan to rent a house to put the team in and just ride for hours on end.  Also with going in March it is 3 weeks later than last year so hopefully we can avoid some of the rain and have some warmer temps!!

Till then lets hope that winter becomes a bit milder and we start seeing more temps above 10 degrees!!

No comments: