Thursday, January 14, 2010

Skinny Boards....Be Gone!!

Sorry to those that look forward to the white covered ground and the joy of shoveling, dealing with those that lack driving skills, etc....  With the temps getting above the 10 degree mark this week and actually nearing and peaking into the 30's, I have put the skis aside for now!!  I mounted up the studded tires on the cross bike and started cruising the country side!!  I have said it once before and must say it again, the cross bike is one of the best bikes I have added to the stable in a long time!!  I have not ridden my road bike since purchasing it last September!!  The other thing I like about it is there is not a power meter on it.  It is great this time of year to be going off perceived excertion, cause I already know my numbers are bad, so why discourage myself by stairing at them for hours on end!!

So here is my shot from yesterday.  It is like riding through a big tunnel when the banks get higher than the bike and all you can do is stair down the road in front of you!!  Not good for me, I love to look around as I ride!!



 Anyway, another 3hrs yesterday and looking to some more this weekend with the warmer temps!!  The start of the 2010 season is here!