Saturday, July 4, 2009

BC Bike Race Stage 7

Done! Now I am ready to hand in my learning permit and maybe get my license back?? The last few days have gone well and I now understand the flow/lack of flow of the trails. If I could get a rewind I think things could of been better. It has been a hard battle and it was interesting watching the rev limiter get lower and lower each day! Today was no exception with the max HR only in the 160's. On a plus note I might of done enough to move into 6th place. I was only 7 minutes out and I might of put that time in?? I have not seen the results for the day, but the worst case scenario would have me staying in 8th.

I must also give a shout out to Obsession Bikes for hooking me up this morning. I set on my bike to warm up and blew most of the oil out of the rear shock! They had one on their trailer and in 15 minutes I was good to go and ready to hit the trail! Speaking of the trail, it was straight up out of the start gate, with about 5 minutes of hike a bike. The overall climb took about 45 minutes. We then had a series of ups and downs and before the last climb of the day we ripped down this trail called Tunnel vision. At the start of the descent there was this 15 ft slide down this rock face that had the old pucker factor at a max. After that it was one last climb up a road stretch that finished with a hike a bike up some stairs and then we just flew down Blackcomb for about 2 K's to the finish of 7 days of on eof the hardest bike races I have ever done. Now I am exhausted, am hungry about every 15 minutes, bruised and scratched from head to toe, and confused on when my next race will be and what it will be.

For the rest of the team, good luck this weekend in Eau Claire!!

No comments: