Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Austria bound, intervention needed.....

So our last night in Germany was spent at a local restaurant. If you are looking to get free alcohol just sit at the bar of a restaurant. They have lines on the beer glasses that require the beer to be poured at this line and then must have a head on it from there to the top of the glass. The problem is if the waitress/waiter does not pick it up in time then it is no longer accepatble to serve. This is where the sitting at the bar comes in, they will give it away before pouring it out! Sweet!!

This morning Michelle and I hiked up this path for about 30 minutes to an old abbey. It was straight up but it was pretty cool at the top.



We then hit this singletrack descent with numerous switchbacks that had me thinking about shredding on the MTB. It has been 2 weeks since I last touched a bike!! That is a good thing though cause besides this cold I have, I have been struggling with a pain in the right side of my chest for about a week that feels like I have broken ribs or something!


Today on our walk around Passau I found the secret German training ground. I guess Sabine Spitz has been seen her on numerous ocassions during her youth! I guess the goal is the last one left wins:



Also I found a sneak peek of an upcoming bike. This was my favorite and I have called it the Euro response to 29ers! Notice the belt drive!


It is now 11:30 in the morning and I am 2 lattes in. I am lovign the european culture. It is completelly acceptable to have ice cream, beer, or coffee at any time of the day! Speaking of, time for my 3rd latte!! Jitters out!

No comments: