Thursday, October 29, 2009

New bikes.....

So yesterday I made my almost daily trip into the Hostel Shoppe, and why I was there Scott was teasing me for riding nothing but my cyclocross bike since I got it.  His bantering got me thinking that maybe it was time for a review on the bike since it has been almost a month!

The Bike:  Specialized S-works Tricross

Or as I refer to it, my A.D.D. bike.  This thing has been one of the best bikes I have ever owned. So why is it my A.D.D. bike??  Well it fits my personality.  If I am bored with riding whatever I am riding I can easily change directions with it.  Riding the road and you pass the rail trail, sweet, lets go that way for a couple miles.  Need to get one block over, lets take the short cut through this field.  No matter what it can handle it.  The bike is also very comfortable to ride as I stated in an earlier post about the seatstay and seatpost zertz.  Just awesome.  The other plus is the bike weighs 16 pounds!!  And the last feature that I completely love about this bike, there is no power meter!!  When you spent an entire season worrying about what the numbers are, it has been great to step back and just ride.

Now come Saturday, I hope I have the same love for it when they are telling me 3 to go in my first cross race with it???   

No comments: