Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WORS Number 86 or so???

9th Season of WORS in the books that is.  For my count I was assuming I did 80% of the races over the last nine years, might be more, might be less?  This last weekend was a lot of fun ragardless.  Sheboygan is always a good time as well because it usually falls on my Birthday weekend!

So come race time on Sunday, we had most of the 212 clan there, minus TJ who is off tanning in AZ.  On a note about TJ I must go back a week and put a shout out to his win in the Tour of White Mountains. Nice work!!  So back to Sunday, we all linned up with most of the normals but also there was a lack of riders in the field compared to years past.  I have grown used to having 80 some riders in the field at Sheboygan and this year I think the cold weatehr scared everyone off, minus Marko and Matter who decided to head south to Cinci for some park riding(cross racing).  Even without their presence the pace was still fast from the gun.  Amazing how just $20 will make cyclist turn themselves inside out just to win a sprint prime!  Crazy.  I myself was freezing at the line so it took some time for me to get moving and to get my teeth to stop chattering!! With my slower start I hit the first section of singletrack in about 8th spot.  With the course being a momentum course that you always have to pedal on I did not panic and just settled into a comfortable rythm.  Next thing I knew 3 laps had passed, and I was pulling back Darrin for 4th.  When I caught up to him he looked ready to pull the plug.  I reassured him that he had to finish and told him that he had all winter to recover, so put the hammer down since he was still racing for the overall.  The last two laps we rode together and it made the time pass quickly:

In the end Darrin ended up taking 4th and myself in 5th.  While up the road battling it out again for his like 10th straight 3rd place finish mas Mikey. This meant that we ended up with 3 of us on the blocks when all the dust settled! Sweet!!  

Scott also had a good result while still recovering from his win in the 12hr WEMS race and finished the day in 18th. 

Michelle also toed the line and I have proof:

Next up for the team is some filler, Cross, and then the season final, The Iceman!

Thanks to all the sponsors for another great season!! 

No comments: