Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Race weekend, lost count??

Well another race weekend in the books.  It went well for the Adventure 212/Specialized team with Scott winning the WEMS Thunderdown at the Underdown and setting the fastest lap in the process.  The entire team, minus Arizona bound TJ, headed to Langlade for WORS #11 onm Sunday as well.  We were greated with a phenominal course that had some nice climbing and singletrack that made the 6 mile loop a blast to ride.  Mike Phillips was coming off a hard block and had some good legs so it was no surprise to see him take to the front on the first lap to dictate pace and to see the course since he did not get a chance to preride.  Darrin followed, and I took a minor spill on a grass section to settle into 5th spot about 15 seconds down.  The course was way different than preride with a lot of the moisture now sitting on the course and making the corners pretty slick. 

I lost contention when I miss shifted and ended up tearing my deraileur up and placing it on top of the chainstay.  I was able to bend it back and get going but it just kept happening so I pulled the plug.  I did find a different mechanic to work on it for the week since I fired my old one, myself!!  This week Mark Cole will be going through the bike and it should be dialed for this weekend!!

Back to the the race. From talking to Mike it sounded as if it was all together until the last lap when Mike crashed going into a corner and at that time Cole attacked.  This put a small gap on Tristan and Mike. The race ended with another 3rd and 4th for Mike and Darrin and 2 more podium postions for the team. 

Next up is the WORS final before I try my hand at some cross racing.  I just ordered a new Specialized Tricross to pass the time till Iceman!!  Next question is if I dive right into the A races or race Masters since I turn 35 this week?? 

2 comments:

Kyia said...

I see you got the photos! You guy's look good!! Whoot Whoot!

Chris said...

Sure did, thanks so much!! It let me freshen up the blog a bit!! Royalties to follow..........