Monday, August 8, 2011

Rest required?

So I forgot how taxing it is to travel and race!  Seems like it has been pretty non stop since April and my "I care" is at a low right now.  The weird thing is the legs still feel good just think I need to get some rest and spend some time doing nothing this week!  The thought of the travel got me thinking of back in the day when Mike, Bender, Paul, and others were traveling and hitting up all the Norbas at that time.  It was a blast and was the reason for the whole start of the Adventure 212 Team.  Mike, Michelle, and I have formed this team with help from so many people to give some of the better midwest riders the ability to travel and test their abilities amongst the best in the nation if they choose.  We travel less now for USProXCT races, but the team is still there and we watch for the talent and the right fit in the team.

So back when Mike and I did this, I remember it taking over a year for us to finally get the call ups we desereved and we realized quikly that the call up mattered amongst the norms like us, but not amongst the top guys!  They were just one more notch above us, and then there was still one more notch above them, World Cups.  The travels were fun though so I thought I would bring out some of the pics:

Who can forget having to always pack and unpack the bike, Sugar NC, Our first Pro race.

AZ Norba 2007, Mike took the win after I flatted with 2 miles to go! Looked up the winning time 2 hrs and 41 min! 



Paul making lunch for us on our way out to Snowmass, CO! This is no tlong after he almost run us out of gas in the middle of Nebraska at 5am!


More on the Snowmass trip, who can forget being stranded in Stewart, IA for 2 days cause the transfer case went out on the truck!  There is nothing in Stewart, Mike and I rode bikes for 8 hrs a day and lived of the local fruit stand peaches! 

AZ NORBA 2006, 1st semi pro win

Chequamegon Finish Line!



Thanks to the team for making this so much fun!!  Also good work to the entire team this past weekend at the Cam Rock WORS race!!  Lots of fun and cannot wait for the travels this weekend to Marquette for Ore to Shore!! See everyone there! 

No comments: