Thursday, August 18, 2011

Barely made it to the shore....

So with Ore to Shore now behind us, the list of races left keeps dwindling!  It is even less while I am in a year that WORS is not a priority and the last race I have on the Calender that I really care about is the Marathon National Championships!!  I am super excited for this and not sure if it is the race or the fact I get to go back to Bend!  This go around I plan to do some house hunting out there just to see what is available?  The trails are awesome and the community was fun!  This time I will also get to spend almost 2 weeks there to get a real feel. 

The trip will also be made more fun with Bossman coming down to visit and Simonson coming out to share the condo I have rented and to race.  At least that way I will not be out there by myself since Michelle needs to stay home for her brothers wedding.  I probably should too, but I want to give it a good push for Nationals and see what happens and Michelle's brother was cool with that. 

So now to the Ore to Shore.  Lots of fun staying at Tim's parents house in Marquette and we cannot thank them enough for opening their place up for the 212/Specialized misfits!  Luckily, I think the comments were a bit more filtered or it is just hard to top last year??  Either way we had so much fun over the weekend.  As for the race, most of us had great races.  Mike was able to hang with the lead group and push the pace a bit before crashing and loosing his rear brake completely.  He then had to ride in and finished a record 6th place.  We call it a record cause he has been 6th place at the triple crowns like 100 times!!  Big D also had a good race, even though he was carrying extra weight in the form of Phillip's bottles and finished 12th on the day.  Ryan had a flat about 7 miles in! I stopped to help chase him back, but we ended up having to put a tube in it and ended the day.  TSP had a really good race and I believe finished 14th on the day, not bad for a "really" old guy with an AARP card! 

The girls also did well with Sarah finishing 7th and Lisa 8th!  Michelle had a good race while trying to come back from a PCL tear and was 13th overall. 

For my race, still missing?  I have been down and out for a couple weeks now and not figuring anything out.  Went this week and had a lot of blood work and still waiting for the results.  The initial thought was Lyme's, but the first test came back negative.  Still waiting on a couple other tests.  Either way just super fatigued, with joint pain, and stomach issues?  So I have not been on a bike since Sunday and yesterday was the first day I felt normal in a while!  That trend seems to have continued today so I am hoping that I am turning the corner.  On a plus not , I stopped to help Ryan on Saturday and we ended up being able to ride together.  It made it a lot more fun!  We went back to the girls and checked up on them, then started to come back up through the field.  That was a new perspective to say the least!

So who knows for this weekend.  I am going to just wing it and hope for the best.  Either way I get to ride my bike and hang out with the team! 

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com