Monday, August 29, 2011

The begining of the end?

I think my body is starting ot tell me that the 2011 season is almost over. It has been a struggle the last few weeks.  It is hard though cause the motivation is still there but cannot get the legs there.  This past weekend was no exception.  I got a good start and felt very comfortable.  Unfortunately though my lack of wanting to sprint out of every singletrack section ended up being the demise of me in the lead group as a gap opened up in one of the singletrack sections.  After that I ended up in the first chase group and we picked up Big D and Brian Eppen before coming around on the 2nd lap.  That is when my stomach started to give me problems again. This is something I have not been able to figure out?  I have tried about everything and I think my next step is going to be going back to just straight water during races?

Anyway, I ended up falling off the group after the first section of singletrack on the 2nd lap and pretty much tempo rode for the remainder of the race.  I could not believe that no one caught me beside Matt Shriver, and he was in a hurry!  He came by me with motivation to ride with him cause he was bored riding by himself.  Unfortunately I could not go and just kept my pace.  Then not 3 miles out from the finish and Big D saw me through a section of trees and slowed to wait up for me.  Same response, I am bored riding by myself, get up here! So Big D and I finished the race togetther with some fun, while we were pushing and tugging on each other for 12th and 13th!

  Scott sent me the pic, not sure where it came from but thanks to whomever took it!!

The rest of the team rocked it!  Ryan had a good race and had 6th place wrapped up from what I hear, until a spectator stopped his progress and let the 3 chasers close the gap, then it sounds as if the same happened again with a lapped sport racer coming into the finish.  He ended up 9th on the day!

The girls ripped it up!  Sarah came in 2nd overall on the day, Lisa 4th, and Michelle 7th!

We also had lots of fun Saturday night enjoying some Dark Helmet Schwartz Beer and some Hopasaurus Rex!  This team knows how to turn a race weekend into a fun weekend!!!

Next up is the Copper Harbor Fat Tire Fest.  I have been working on the Matters to join us up there with my main goal to get Brian to enjoy a beer with me!  Sounds like the probability of him drinking with me is pretty low, but I will keep working on him.  As for the Copper Harbor race, the best race in the Midwest!  I am actually going to skip the Park City Point to Point 80 to go!   So if you have nothing going this weekend I highly recommend the drive north! 

1 comment:

Ben Lasecki said...

Thanks again for everything this weekend Chris & Michelle! Susan and I had a great time :-)