Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Are you happy......

For anyone that is a Mudvayne fan, for some reason that is the song that pops into my head during long climbs??  Not sure why but gets me over the top?  Unfortunately the climbs were not even climbs this past weekend but enough to keep me in the game a little and I was happy with how I felt after really no riding for 3 weeks due to some body issues that we still have not figured out after visits to a worthless doctor at the Ministry Medical Group!  For me to really have a good ride, the rocky climb needed to be about 30 minutes longer!  Either way, the course this weekend was a lot of fun.  There was no where really to use a lot of power and was all about being smooth and keeping your momentum.  You quickly learned where you were fast and where everyone else was fast.  I learned quickly that Chad Sova was faster than me in the singletrack and for the first couple laps we traded back and forth depending on what section of the trails we were in.  Then on the singletrack after the start finish area he got the gap and I never closed it.  I kept things going and on the last lap i was still by myself coming through the field before the finish, at least I thought!!  Somehow TSP(Todd McFadden) snuck up on me!  It was really funny cause he sadi he was tryiing to be as quite as possible cause he knew I did not see him.  When we came out of the woods there he was.  I gave a little go down the last flat before the 180 going into the finish shoot.  We rounded the corner and TSP wanted to have a standoff for the finish!  Ryan and I did that at Ore to Shore and was pretty funny.  Unfortunately I was cramping and a track stand at the finish line was not going to work for me so I rolled across in 10th place. 

The rest of the team had a great day as well.  Mikee P finished 2nd while Big D took it at the line over another Specialized Rider Ben Koenig!  From the pics by Nikki it looks like it was a pretty good battle!


Scott and Ryan also came through together for 18th and 19th.  Myles was fighting some shifting issues, but was able to hold it together to finish 2nd overall in the Junior X field. 

As for the girls, it sound like they all had good rides with Di and Lisa sprinting for the 3rd spot, with Di taking 3rd and Lisa 4th. More photos by Nikki:


Sarah rolled across for 6th and Michelle for 12th. Overall it was a great time and thanks to all the sponsors!  Including our new sponsor Infinit!  A killer product.  My drink design allows me to do an entire 100 miler without even a Gu. Talk about simplifying things! 

Yesterday was an awesome day!  Scott, Ben, and I rolled out of 212 with the intention of an hour recovery ride around the Green Circle trail on the mountain bikes .  After an hour it turned into a coffee stop, then another hour!  The whole time lots of working on the jaw muscles while we chit chatted about nothing and spun the legs!  A perfect way to spend a Tuesday afternoon!  Not sure why we have not made that a weekly ride yet????? 

Next up is Green Bay, then a trip to the best race in the Midwest!  the Copper Harbor Fat tire Fest.  I was not supposed to be there due to the Point to Point 80 in Park City, but after seeing the course for Marathon Nationals, bossman and I decided that the shorter races would be more beneficial to gain back some of that kick that I lost while training for the 100's.  Lets hope it works! 

No comments: