Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Resting up

So after completely destroying my body this past month in prep for the NUE series, I have found myself doing absolutely nothing for a couple of days and for the first time in my ADD life enjoying it??? Hmmm, what's up with that?  Maybe it is a sign of me getting old? Nah, I will never grow up if you ask Michelle! 

Anyway, stuff keeps rolling in for the team and it always amazes me how product continually improves!  You think that there is nothing they can do to make things better, then bam, the next best thing!  This has happened again with almost everything this year!  We received our new kits yesterday from Hidden Bay and they look awesome!  Most of the riders on the team love the new shorts so much that we order extras for training cause they are that good! 

Another huge improvement of the year are the Specialized Prevail helmets.  The most comfortable helmet I have ever owned and I have had helmets from almost every manufacturer! They have so much adjustability that you can make them fit any size/shape head, even Scott's big head! 

Now the bikes!  How do you take the best cross country race bike out there and make it better?  Rear thru axle, beef up the chainstays and seat stays, and make it lighter!! Yup, mine looks like it will be 20lbs race ready!  Crazy for a dual suspension bike!

One last thing that I have to give a shout out to is Raw Revolution.  I usually do not get excited about nutritition products, but these are actually really good and I find myself grabbing one for snacks sometimes cause they are that good! 

So now we have orders out for Scrub, which I am excited for their new brake pad compounds not to mention their trick, lightweight rotors.  Crankbrothers with their new seatposts to add to the awesome pedals, and Stan's No Tubes for their light race wheels and their not sitting on the side of the trail, flat protectant, sealant! 

So now all we nead is the snow to melt and some trails to open up so that my first ride on a MTB is not the Cohutta 100!!

No comments: