Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday?

I thought every Friday was a good Friday cause it means the next 2 days are filled with riding bikes, racing bikes, hanging with friends, talking about bikes, and not working! 
Anyway, we can tell everyone has the day off!  212 is really busy this morning!  Always a good thing cause it gives me more people to talk to!!

So on the bike front, just got the last of the parts to finish off Darrin's bike.  Should be nice.  I am calling it the basement bike cause I am just taking things off the shelves in my basement and putting it together! I think once assembled we might meet up this weekend and try to find some dirt to ride it around on, maybe the Kettles will be open.  I think Michelle and Sarah are looking ot find some dirt as well. They just reallized that the guys will be south at the Cohutta and their mechanical support will be missing!  So the need is high to shake the bikes down before next weekend! 

As for Cohutta, the workouts have been further between and my legs are starting to really feel good.  I am excited to give it a go.  The field looks to be a little deeper this year and hopefully the weather will be better as well.  I am gunning for this one, but would be more than happy with a top 5.  In a 100 miles you have several times where you doubt yourself and the pain cave is really deep!  You will always have a bad stretch in their as well, or two.  It all comes down to how bad it is and how prepared you are.  The last two I did my nutrition was different for each of them due to just my appetite at the time.  The first year I lived on cookies and clif blocks, last year I lived on gels, water, and Dr Pepper!  Yup, made Ryan proud!!  Either way you finish up with beer and food, bonus! 

For the bike, 26" Epic is my choice and always will be.  Thursday I spent time with Scott to dial the bike in!  If you are looking for a good fit, get a hold of him.  I have been fitted before and Scott is very maticulous and remeasures! Good for an engineer like myself that sometime over analyzes things. 

So now it is just finishing plans and making sure we are prepared for anything that could go wrong! 

No comments: