Friday, July 30, 2010

In a nutshell

To milwaukee, home, back to Milwaukee, back to home, to Madison, back home,to Green Bay, and now just settled into a hotel in Marquette. Also some good miles on the bike without the need to get prepped for any races and even a couple group rides, and for anyone who knows me that is rare. the riding has been awesome as of late and I am really digging the new S-Works SL3!!!! Talk about a rocket ship!!

So my week has been fun. I rode with Big D on Wednesday night and had one of my biggest meltdowns in a long time! It was toward the end of the ride so the "ride of shame" was short and we did not get passed by any old ladies carrying flowers in their front basket on their bike! Then to finish the legs off Michelle and I went to Neenah and did the Thursday night ride out of Gear N Up! Scotty B is a good friend and it is always fun to see him and everyone else in the area. The ride was pretty tame and for the most part everyone just took turns pulling their weight and keeping the pace up there. It was definitely fun to go back to where I really got going. I remember that I used to just hang on for dear life and last night I barely averaged a HR in my endurance zone. Reminded me that all the hard work has paid off.

Now my next dilemma is what kind of riding I should do for the weekend? I have both bikes along and both the road riding and mountain biking look to be awesome up here! Any suggestions?

No comments: