Monday, July 5, 2010

Oxygen Required!

Well I just got a good reminder of how bad it hurts to race at altitude!  I had a good first lap coming through at just a bit over 2hrs, but then we had to do another lap.  Really!  The first one hurt bad enough.  Well, needless to say I had granny gear envy and ended up walking a couple of the really steep rocky climbs.  After all that I ended up running a 2nd lap of 2hr and 44 min! Ouch!  This race out here is awesome though and I will be back.  I will workon getting soe pictures cause we have some pretty good ones within the group.

The girls rocked the team comp and ended up in a sprint finish for 2nd place.  Lisa nipped the girl at the line and even ended it with a nice fist pump.  Was pretty cool to watch and they are really starting to make the guys look bad!!

Today we are thinking bou tdoing downhill runs at Keystone.  Never done it before and it sounds like fun!  Lets hope my next post is not from the ER!

No comments: