Monday, July 12, 2010

Two wheels keep on turning

What a stretch of racing.  I do not not know why I cannot just make myself focus on certain races, but I love to race my bike so I sign up for everything.  So what have I been upto, lets start all the way back in April, here is my race schedule that I just completed:

24-Apr NUE Cahutta 100
2-May WORS #1 Iola
9-May Rasta Rally
16-May WORS #2 Rhinelander
23-May
30-May WORS #3 Wassau
6-Jun NUE Mohican 100
13-Jun WORS #4 Kewauskum
20-Jun Kewaunaw Chain Drive
26-Jun WORS #5 Subaru Cup ProXCT
4-Jul Firecracker 50
11-Jul WORS #6 Eau Claire

Not too bad considering the couple 100s in there and the 50.  Which for the Firecracker 50, if you have not done I highly recommend it.

So onto Eau Claire.  The group started the drive home from Colorado on Thursday, a quick stop in Baraboo Friday night to drop everyone off, Michelle and I made it home at 10:30PM Friday night, up on Saturday morning to watch the tour, throw everything in the car, then off again!! Love the trail in Eau Claire and would not miss it now matter how tired I am! Etiehr way the "GOOOOO" went off and i settled into 3rd wheel going into the first section of single track, a little bobble coming out and then in 4th behind Tristan.  Then halfway through the lap my chain dropped.  Faught it back on and settled into 12th.  Couple passes and then on the 2nd lap saw Ryan putting his chain on?????  Anyone else have problems dropping the chain on the "XX" rings??  Seems to fall from the big ring, over the small and likes to wedge between the frame and small ring?  I am trying new chainrings and chain this week, hope that helps cause it has happened enough to both Ryan and I to really become a problem. 

Either way, back to the race.  I could not chase back on with Ryan so I let him go. He ended up getting back to the group of 6 and actually took them for 4th spot nice work!!!  He had the ideal situation to sit in the group cause he was not going to chase down Darrin and I was dangling off the group so it was up to everyone else to pull and he played it right.  Darrin has a gresat ride again and finished 3rd.  TSP also had a good ride in 11th, Sott came in 28th, and Mark finished 4th in his age!! On the womens side, they are still making us look bad.  Lisa came in for 3rd, Di for 4th, and Michelle for 7th even after breaking off her grip and going over the bars.  She said she was a bit shaken and took her a little bit of time to regain her composure, but still pulled out a good finish.  We have concluded on the team that no matter how the year finishes up we are nominating her for the "Most Improved Rider" award. 

So, next on the schedule?  Reload and get ready for the Triple crown races. 

2 comments:

dirt-diesel said...

Hey 212 gang. Thanks for coming over to do our race. here is a photo stream with a bunch of the 212 kits on display. enjoy and feel free to use as wanted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirt-diesel/

Tx,
Troy -- co race director

Chris said...

Wouldn't miss it, always a good time and we all enjoy the course. Thanks for the hard work to put an event on like this!