Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Recharging

Feel like things are finally coming back to me a bit.  Last week was a busy one and left me a bit worn down.  All I have to say on my last week, never, ever, ever think of putting in a commercial pool!  They make changes to codes/regulations seems like once a week which had us draining the pool last week for some guy to come in and take pictures/measurements and was only there for not even an hour!!  So 5 days of work for someone to walk around for an hour!

On the fun side, Michelle and I went to Milwaukee last weekend.  She race the Stupidweeks race on Saturday morning and just missed the break.  She ended up riding around with the 2nd group of 6 where no one wanted to work or help chase the 4 off the front.  Either way she said she still had fun and pulled off a top 10.  We then met Mikey, yup Mike Phillips, and Darrin at Crystal ridge to beat up on each other.  Loads of fun, not the trails so much but riding with those two!  We then continued with dinner and a Booze cruise out on the Gulf de Milwaukee!!  They had a live band on board and my people watching skills were in total overload!!

On Sunday we took the clan out to The Kettles.  I have not been there in over 4 years!  Man they have been busy building new trails!! So we started out slow on the blue loop then turned it up and beat each other into submission!  Again another fun day on the bike!!

This week I am moving forward with prep for the big races to come and it is going well.  It is rare that I am so motivated this late in the year, but I like the motivation and I am going to use it. 

No comments: