Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What is that....

Where to start? Back at Iola, the RASTA Ralley, the Rhinelander WORS race? No I will skip all those except for giving a shout out to Benders good form and pulling the team along. Also our younger, youngster Chris Denny has been having some great success in the sport SS class.


This past weekend was the Wassau WORS race and of course the team is spread all over the US. TJ has been chasing the National scene and has been ripping it up with a 25th placing in Alabama and a 20th place at the Teva Games!! For this past weekend Scott opted out of the muddy dirt road race that has become known as Wassau due to some illness and needing some recovery time from his 24th placing at the Mohican 100. Chris Denny had his graduation celebration and was not able to make it. Therefore, toeing the line for the team was Le Hoover , Mikey, and myself.





Those who know me I have been buried with this home automation system that I am working on and actually skipped a couple rides last week and have been working some crazy hours. Needless to say I was ready for some kind of WORS result after my start to the season. I lined up behind Marko and ended up with a good clean start. I made the lead group and settled in. The legs were a bit flat though so nothing there for top end, just a nice tempo that I just stayed at. After some attacks early on in the race I settled in with Le Hoover. For the next 3 laps I saw nothing but this view:



Good thing for teammates, cause the Le Hoover moover pulled me around the course to a 6th place finish! Mikey also made his comeback to racing after a hard bout with tendonitis. It was great to see him again in the superman kit and now he is super motivated for the the later part of the season!!

Next up for the team, TJ is in CO Springs this weekend for the US Pro XCT, the rest of us are off till the weekend after where all of us will be at the WORS Cup, minus Scott, who will be at the Lumberjack 100.

No comments: