Sunday, June 28, 2009

BC Bike Race Stage 1

Holy ......... That is all I can say! I used to think that Mt Snow would be the narliest downhill that I would ever encounter in a race situation, until today!! There were section that I wish they would of put a ladder on so that I could get off the ride mid way through!! I was also struggling with line selection, have no clue why?

This is the first trail that we hit, called severed dick. I hate to say it but this was the easy part. There was some big drops and in the end I ended up having to walk down some of them after crashing half a dozen times. My highlite of the day though was when Georgia just came flying down through this section and Trebon came running down the trail yelling for her to wait up!! In the end I think I ended up loosing almost 10 minutes to a couple of the locals. Hopefully with tomorrows stage of 70 K I can hook up with one of the duo teams and make back some of the time. Tomorrow we also have our first ferry transfer that takes us over to the island with our start in Nanaimo and finish at the beach in Parksville. I will post again tomorrow if I can pouch the race organizations WiFI again!

4 comments:

Scott Cole said...

Chris - Keep the rubber side down buddy. You can do it! Ride fast, be safe & have fun... Scott

Kyia said...

Brapp!! Take off the front brake that might reduce your chances of an endo! (just kidding) Good luck!

Kim Basala said...

WOWZA!! Keep up the hard work, be safe, and we're all cheering for you Jitters! Hi to Michelle! Kim and the Crew!

Ryan said...

So what line did you take through that mess? Are they sending you over those bridges 20ft in the air,too?