Friday, February 17, 2012

Puddle Jumper

So the last week has been fun.  It started out with a nice training block that almost had me requiring a walker to get on the airplane!  The one week was worth about 80 lattes, mmmmmm.  Not sure if anyone could handle me if I downed that much!  Then I boarded an airplane for Jersey to do an install at my sisters house.  I am so glad that Jasen went with me cause we worked 15 hr days and still barely finished the project up.  We got everything done, but no time for really shaking things down so lets hope we didn't miss anything.  We did board the plane looking at each other and thinking, what just happened?  We ran a little over 3000ft of wire through the wall, cut in 6 speakers zones, hung a 64" TV, programmed 6 keypads, and a URC remote all in 3 days.  Not bad.  I was so sore from climbing stairs and ladders that I really wish I had a day off upon my return, but it was right back to the bike grind on Monday. 

Besides the bike, we also lost a hot tub pump this week and converted the pool to a salt water pool.  Also what are people doing with our locker keys and towels, eating them?  I keep looking around the club to see if someone is playing a joke and they are hidden.  One time I will open a cabinet and find thousands of keys stuffed away!

On Tuesday, Scott was off and my legs were sore so we went out together to keep me honest.  It was definitely needed, cause I was ready to turn around and find the nearest couch!  The weather didn't help either, freezing rain topped with about an inch of snow.  We rode north of town and hit roads that I am still not sure were roads??  Either way we got 4 hrs of 2 wheels drifts, laughs, where the hell are we, and a nice meal at Bistro 212 once finished!  Oh yeah, and a latte. 




Then yesterday I had another long day as I started to pack for Cali and did a 5 hr ride on top of it.  Oh wait, I am gonna be riding my neglected road bike I have not touched since October, better re cable it and put some new tires on it too before boxing it up.  I finally finished up last night at a about midnight but I am set to go.  I also packed all my rain gear and it looks like it worked cause the forecast is for sun and 70 next week out there!  Might get a chance to start working on the pro lines??  That would be sweet! 

So back to the ride yesterday, it was nice here for February and I decided to continue the weekly trend and find some new roads.  It worked out pretty good with only a couple of stops to check the Garmin.  The funny thing about it is I did a 5 hr ride with only 1000ft elevation change?  That is about to change!  Mt Tam here I come!  Yesterdays route:

No comments: