Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No rehab required

Or maybe I have not hit step one and cannot admit I have an issue.  I have heard this cycling thing explained many ways over the years; Living the dream, its my 2nd job, etc but Pete puts it best when I talk to him as he tells me I have an addiction!  Oh boy, I think he is right!!  I just keep riding and I love almost every minute of it.  This year has been much easier than in past winters though with the weather.  Seems that all my nasty grams to mother nature are paying off??  Doubt it but here is to wishful thinking! 

Even if the weather is temporary, I have definitely been taking advantage of it and have been putting some mile on the bike.  The scenery has even been changing with a nice trip to Chicago this past weekend where we hung out with Mikey and the two of us got out on a nice ride in the area.  I was actually surprised at how good the ride was.  Guess I had expectations of just riding the Lake Shore bike path so when we actually where out on some good roads I was more than happy.  We also re hydrated that night doing what we now best, drinking beer and having fun!!  Maybe too much fun! 

Then on Sunday, the Braun's hosted everyone for a group ride before the little one arrives!  We are all crossing our fingers hoping that not too many of Big D's traits get passed on!!  Just kidding:)  So ten of us cruised around the Waukesha area on Sunday for a few hours before eating all the food that Nikki, Lynn, and Laura had preparred for us!  What a great weekend!  Nest up is a trip to the east coast then followed right up with a trip to the west coast. 

For those interested in the routes:

Saturday:



Sunday:


No comments: