Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shiver me timbers........

So yesterday the temp was not too bad but if you hit any open stretches the wind was fun! Luckily I planned a good route and minus the Amherst side of Morgan hill and the over pass next to the brewery I was good. When I hit those stretches though, the Bar Kites(Mitts) were doing their best to act as sails and and push me into the ditch on the ice/snow covered roads. This made it a little harder to maintain a constant power and I ended up coasting through some of these section with one leg unclipped and trying to counterbalance the wind effects with one leg! Even with mother nature throwing what she had my way, I did manage another 4 hr ride which seems to be bossmans go to length of the year. So here is the route:




Yeah, it was another southerly route, which is weird for this time of year.  Luckily for all of us the south winds keep bringing us mild temps and I hope this trend continues. 

So after the ride Mark brought some new name decals over for the bikes!  Thanks Don for letting him use your printer.  I will not share any of the bike stuff till we get them built, but I got 6 of them on Friday and they are going to be faster than last years bikes.  They look really good too! 

We then finished off our Saturday with a trip to the brewery to help them celebrate 14 yrs.  Michelle was volunteering at the food table so Timster, Sarah, and I sampled all their small batch beers and some of our favorites.  Not a bad way to rehydrate after a ride!! 

Now for the week I have a lot of riding on the schedule.  I also have an audio/video install to do at my sisters in New Jersey the week after so I have to get tools and parts shipped out and start on the programing.  Nothing crazy this time, mounting a 64" TV on the wall, then doing 6 zones with a Nuvo Grand Essentia.  One of the zones is outdoors so I am expecting them to have the coldest weather of the year while we are doing that!  Also doing a Paradigm Surround in their living room with an Anthem MRX receiver and a URC Remote.  Luckily my friend Jasen from Precision is going with me so it will be a lot of fun and we will be able to rip through it in no time, OK 3 days of 12-14 hrs a day cause we have to cut in all the speakers and chase the wires through the walls, oh yeah, doing a security system for them too! Should be fun!

No comments: