Saturday, December 31, 2011

Power to the party

So tonight is our annual Holiday Party, usually a Christmas party but with all the travel it turned into a New Years party.  Either way usually a fun time and hoping for no broken bones this year.  If you are reading this and did not get an invite, sorry, I do not do Facebook and handle no invitations.  If you think you should of gotten an invite, you are probably right and are still invited!

Either way each year we have a good friend who is a DJ so he comes in and sets up lights and plugs into my home system.  Now my home system is not the run of the mill.  For those into AV, I have a set of Bowers and Wilkins 804s, an HTM 2 center, and 2 ASW750 subs.  My problem was I have the seakers but was limited in the amp area so each year we did something to it.  The first two years we actually smoked a couple channels on it then last year we kept kicking it out.  So here is the before, or acutally in the middle of running some new speaker wire;


So what is leaving is the 9 year old Denon processor and the Rotel Amp.  I also ran new Analysis Plus speaker wire and ended up bi amping the left and right speakers.  So here is the almost finished product:


Ended up with a good upgrade.  The processor is an Anthem AvM50v and the 2 amps are the Anthem Statement A2 and A5.  Here is my speaker set up:



So now with all the upgrades done we are ready to rock out till both the ball drops and the partiers! Hapy New Year! 

No comments: