Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lost at sea......


It has been almost 24hrs since I have seen land.  My lungs are now clear of the Moroccan smog and my mind erased of the harassments we received from every passing street vendor.  Today there is nothing, nothing but the great blue ocean rocking this giant vessel from side to side.  The rocking becomes very noticeable as I get up from my slumber and proceed down the stairs to get my 2nd latte of the day!  Yes 2nd latte!  Something has to get me awake again after the evening of 2 bottles of wine and the numerous drinks near the pool.  I must be awake before the noon hour Mediterranean spread near the upper deck pool!  I must make it to my 3rd feeding of the day!  Just in case pirates take the ship by siege and deny me of my dinner! Don’t worry though, if I do miss one of these feedings, I will survive on the padding I have developed around my rib cage.  That padding that I am building up before our New Years Eve party to protect from a repeat of last year!  This same padding should keep me warm if I make it back to Wisco to start riding my bike again!  Oh how I miss riding my bike!  So much that my main goal of the day is to find bikes in Las Palmas.  I am hoping that the Specialized gods are looking down upon me and there is a nice Tarmac awaiting!  Please do not disappoint!  Speaking of disappoint, if anyone is wondering, no one from our group has made it over board yet.  We are only half way in though, 8 more days to go. 

I wonder if the cat is alive? 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Kelsey's cat isn't. It's still laying by our mailbox. She wants me to "put it in the fire."