Friday, July 8, 2011

Mid July, Really!!

Summer has finally hit her in Wisconsin, it only took till July this year!  Anyway, sorry about the lack of updates but things are in full tilt getting ready for the out West trip.  I now have all the bikes dialed and my truck is almost completed with some new entertainment goodies to pass the time while driving.  Fun stuff! 

This past week has also been filled with some good rides, some hard, some just for fun!  I love the just for fun ones!  The older I get the more I hate the hard ones but know that they are good to keep the engine going for those random WORS races thrown into the middle of the 100 miles races.  My weekend rides started with some nice 40 sec bursts, while the Heat index tickled upwards near 110!!  That was not real pleasant but somewhat got the job done!  My next day was a nice long JRA(Just Riding Along), or as Todd(TSP) and I like to refer to them as T.I.T.S(Time in the Saddle!)  That day was also fun and if I tresspassed on your property to get water from your outdoor water spicket, thanks!!  I ended up going through 8 bottles during a 4.5 hr ride with the heat index once again above the 100 degree mark! Then the next day was a nice hr LT ride and pretty much taxed my entire system between the hard rides and the heat. Here are some pics form my ride!

The storms made me practice some hike a bike, even on the curly bar bike!!


It was also a perfect day, cause anyone who has ever ridden with me knows I do not plan routes!  I just go and if it ends up longer, bonus, cause riding bikes is fun!  On Saturday I managed to get lost!


I love the dead end sign hidden in the bushes on Lost Road! 

So with Michelle and I both tired from the rides, the trip to Green Bay for her Birthday, and just day to day activities we left and went to her parents house to hang out near the water and do absolutely nothing!! That was nice, but with the big trip coming we didn't even make it 24 hrs before jetting back home to start getting things done! 

We have most everything done now and will be leaving tomorrow.  We have a short stop at Eau Claire for some WORS racing, then a week in Idaho for Nationals, then another week in Bend for the High Cascades 100.  Super excited for the packing to be done and the trip to start!!

No comments: