Thursday, July 21, 2011

A whole lotta nothing

That is what is beween Bend and home!The landsape never seemed to change except for hills thrown in every once in a while. Then all of a sudden there's Bend! So far it seems to be a pretty cool town and has a lot of things to occup your day,hence the reason I have been slacking on posting anything. Right now we are setting in front of the Backporch Coffee Roasters and watching the riders warm up for todays TT in the Cascads Cycling Classic. Not bad! I guess I still owe race reports from this past weekend as well so here is the abbreviated version

Me, the race course climb was way over what I was even capable of! Each lap i found myself completely blown at the top when the grade notched upto 25%! Good thing the downhill was a lot of fun! Then is Stxc, I blew again. The story of the weekend. This time it was different. I got a killer start by going low into a off camber corner while everyone else fought for the line at the top. When everyone slowed I just rode by and the next thing I know I am sitting in the group with Wicks! Really kind of funny and I decided to just go with it. Unfortunately my mind and legs had different ideas cause the legs said that's enough righ at the 18 minute mark! Suck!

Myles, He had a last row call up due to the flat the previous day and rode a smart race to come back up and batlle it out with Jake! Was exciting to watch the 2 as they rode a smart race and ended up sprinting for 16th and 17th with Jake juwt edging Myles out!

Sarah, she had a similar thing with the call up after flatting XC. Not to mention the race delay after a racer in her field crashed bad coming over the pedestrian bridge. Once th erace got going again Sarah made her way through the field and finished an awesome 7th!

Michelle, she did not get to race STXC cause she was in the process of seeing an orthopedic surgeon and getting the new that she has a torn miniscous! We are not sure what this is going tom mean for the rest of the season yet cause we had to leave before an MRI could be scheduled. Hopefully she heals fast!

Now back to Bend! I have been out on the first two loops of the trail for Saturday, and yup, the best 100 mile course yet!!!! Lots of good steady climbing and fun, flowing, fast singletrack! It is just too much fun to ride, so even if I am hurting on Saturday it is still going to be a good day rallying the course! I have some pics of the course that are on my phone, but too lazy to go through the effort to try and get them on my crap-pad to post here! Maybe later tonight?

There is one problem with Bend, Michelle and I both really like it here! Everyone is active and they have a strong cycling base so we keep seeing people we know! Not to mention the condo we have rented is really cool and forsale! Hmmmm?

6 comments:

Mike said...

Bend is awesome, I've spent alot of time there in the winter but I want to go out and do some MTB'ing of these summers..

Chris said...

The trails here are awesome and the city is cycling friendly!! I am sensing retirement!!!

Mike said...

There is a good country western bar with lots of pool tables you should go to called Cascade West...good townie action!

Chris said...

Sounds like I should find my cockroach killers and get'r ready for a good time!

Kyia said...

I had a feeling you two would like it out there... A must stop is the Silver Moon brewery.

Chris said...

Seewt! Another brewery stop! Might need an intervention before i leave!