Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lumberjacked!!

Not sure why, but I get all jacked up for the 100 milers!  Must be the fact that the riding makes the travel worth while since we are competing on a single 100 mile loop, or I think this weekend will be my worst case scenario of 3 x 33 mile loops!  I have heard some great things about this course and cannot wait to toe the line and let it rip for 7 hours!  Yesteday I got the Specialized Epic all ready and put new Specialized Renegade tires on it, a new chain, and some new scrub rotors and brake pads!  Thanks Chris from Scrub Components for making such an awesome product and supporting the Adventure 212/Specialized Team!! 

If you are looking for some bling on your bike and want to lighten the bike, give them a call.  The new pads are a nice addition too.  Works way better than using any other manufacturers product and reduces the break in period.

So this week I will be loading the boat, yup taking the ferry accross on Thursday afternoon. The rest of the group is taking the midnight crossing, but I value my sleep too much and did not want to try sleeping on the boat all night. So I will meet up with them in Ludington for breakfast on Friday morning before heading to the course. I am hoping for some good weather on Thursday cause it is really nice to just chill on the deck of the boat! 

In the meantime, some good riding tonight on the curly bar bike and then if the weather holds I might try to go riding at Nordic tomorrow to check out the new course for the Wisconsin USProXCT.  Heard there have been some good changes there??







No comments: