Saturday, February 19, 2011

Riding with the elder

Today Scott and I cruised the back roads of Wisco on the cross bikes, or A.D.D. bike as I like to call it cause I can take off on any road, field, trail, etc that I want.  Today we used that as we did quit a few miles of dirt and ice covered roads to make up miles of talking bout nothing as we burned through the hours of the day.  Good way to spend a Saturday! 

Tomorrow is another good ride before I get the bikes packed up for our butt numbing 17hr flight to Guam.  Excited for the trip and some more time on the bike in warm climate!  Hopefully Michelle can put up with me for that long or at least has the tranquilizers ready. While we are there we will be doing our first race of the year and a road race at that!  This will be only my 4th road race ever!  The race is called the Tour De Guahan and is 68 miles of some island riding in the warm, humid South Pacific air!  So for the first time ever the Specialized Tarmac SL3 will be my weapon of choice! It won the tour so it must be a good choice!

2 comments:

Kyia said...

Good luck with the Mountainbiker Road Racing Tactics...ADD will set in!

Chris said...

Thanks! Lets hope the 5000 ft of climbing keeps me entertained! If not I guess I will pull everyone around for the day and just soak in the South Pacific sun!!