Friday, February 25, 2011

Hello Wisconsin

So last night we all had dinner together.  It was great to get to know everyone and when we were asked where we lived, Kyle from Australia came up with the best....... you mean like That 70s Show!  That is the greatest.  So now Michelle and I are compared to the cast on the 70s show.  The question that comes up though is what characters are we???? Am I Fez, Eric, Kelso, maybe Hyde?????  Then what about Michelle, is she Donna???  The whole thing was pretty funny! 

Other than that, yesterday was very relaxed.  We got out on the bike for a couple hours in the morning, then just chilled at the beach for the afternoon.  Today we have a couple more hours on the schedule then the race tomorrow.  This time change still has me messed. up since I am writing this blog at 9am on Saturday for everyone back home to read at 5pm on Friday!  No wonder my internal clock is all screwed up!!  We wake up most days around 3am and so hungry!  Unfortunately nothing is open at that time, so it is spent watching the news on TV.  They love the news here, we have something like 10 channels and 8 of them are the news and the other two are Japanese and looks like the news as well?? 

Also today we have to get our registration and our timing chips for the bikes.  I asked Ben, the race organizer, if I could get a number plate for my bars just so I felt more comfortable??  Still not sure about this curly bar racing.  Luckily the course has some pretty wicked grades on it, up in the 10-12% range on some of the climbs.  Kyle was teasing me about that as well, he said with me using eggbeaters and MTB shoes that it might be faster for me to just jump off the bike and run up!  That wont be happening though, I hate running! 

1 comment:

Darrin & Lynn said...

Good luck to both you and Michelle, and have Fun!!