Friday, December 10, 2010

Struggling!

Well the last few days have been a struggle at best.  I seem to go through good spells and bad, which is probably driven mainly by how well my prescrips are working. On the plus side I have been able to work my way back to sleeping in bed thanks to a contraption that Michelle built for me to keep me mainly sitting up right, supported, and laying on my non injured side.  The worst is that I am actually at home for the entire day, but I am not mobile enough to get anything accomplished!!  The highlight of my day is the slow walk down the driveway to get the mail!  Our mail person is probably trying to figure out what is happening cause it used to be once a week for getting mail, if that!!  There is one plus to all this! I am not able to snow blow the driveway!  That used to always be a task I completely hated and would usually come inside after the task with numb fingers and cussing like a sailor!

So the doc gave me 6 to 8 weeks for recovery.  Everyone that I have talked to says that I will need everybit of that cause it takes a long time for the pain to go away.  Guess time will tell. 

So now for the story of how it happened?  No one really knows!  We had a party at our house on Saturday and I just remember having Michelle help me off the floor and into our room.  I then went 2 hrs trying to catch my breath with no luck.  That is when Michelle decided to take me in to the ER where they ultimately decided I wasn't going anywhere so they checked me in for the night!  Poor Michelle wouldn't go home and ended up laying in a lazyboy listening to me wheeze for the rest of the night!  Finally the next day I started to breath a little easier and they decided to let me suffer at home.  And that is what I have done for the entire week.

So even with the entire week, I still have not figured out what is worse, the pain or the boredom????

No comments: