Thursday, December 2, 2010

Miami Vice

Finally back into this cold tundra after a little break in some warm climate.  The weird part is, I think this is the first time I ever went to Florida and did not take a bike! the riding pretty much sucks down the anyway.  I think the only exercise I did get was doing cannon balls into the swimming pool!!  If I keep it up I am going to be moving as fast as this guy by next spring!



He might not of moved fast, but he was pretty determined.  I thought he was going to run me over while I was trying to get a picture.  He even had a little attitude and I think I heard him make a remark about the dam paparazzi! 

While down there boating seemed to be the theme of the weekend.  We started with some alligator chasing while cruising around the everglades with Captain "Cajun" Tom and his airboat.  Pretty redneck and I think my ears are still ringing from how loud that thing was!! 

Then on Sunday it was game on! 


I was more excited about the fork truck than anything.  Thought it was the coolest that they run around with these big fork trucks dropping 40' boats in the water like they are toys!  It was pretty cool to see!! Once in the water we were off, and in a hurry. 


I now know what a dog feels like with his head out the window doing 80 mph!  I also made up for all the times I commuted to work for gas savings!  OK, I admit, I never ride to work to save gas, I ride to work cause I like to ride my bike!  Anyway, twin 500hp, 502 big block!  Those will suck the tanks (yes that is plural) dry in a hurry! 

We did slow the ride down towards the end of the day to catch a good view of the day ending:



Next up is the annual Christmas bash!  Should be a good one with our trailer trash theme!  Can't wait to see the costumes! 

No comments: