Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crunchy dirt??

So I finally got my computer out after day 2 in Bend so why not do an update.  I also found a couple pics from Georgia.   I really hope this first one helps them raise money for their cause.  It was actually a little hard to order at the restaurants by picture from the menu with no descriptions? 


The 2nd was a friend Michelle found on a car:


So we got into Bend really late on Monday night after spending the entire day travelling from Atlanta.  Then as we were getting our bikes I noticed Todd Wells was on our flight.  We chatted a bit then I realized that he was coming from the World Championships in Austria so now my trip didn't seem as bad!  His was probably 2 days! Also after talking to him it made me start thinking about this weekends start list so I finally looked yesterday, stacked field is all I have to say.  Craig, Decker, JHK, Trebon, Wicks, Wells, Grant, Cares, etc....  So my goal is a top 15 and with this list I have a pretty big fight on my hands to get there!  On top of this, the trail is going to be a tough one.  Saw Mike (event organizer) yesterday and he said he has been nice to us the last couple of races here and is going back to his old ways of making a hard course.  Good thing I was already prepped for that once I saw we climb up funner for the last trail of the day!!  Also it has been so dry here that the dust is going to be a big problem with seeing the trails and has even left the dirt really crunchy.  The amount of traction you have will be a surprise from corner to corner.

So non bike related, here is a view from our place:


I also have to make RK jealous!  This is where we sit last night and listened to the Huey Lewis and the News concert.  We were a little too far away to tell if he needed assistance getting out on stage or not though. 

Other than that, not much happening.  A little course recon today and lots of relaxing.  In the meantime I found some good advice:

No comments: