Thursday, April 12, 2012

Just another day........

So there has not been much to talk about.  Been riding my bike a lot, having fun with it, and there are good leg days and some bad leg days.  All in all though I still love riding the bike.  Since being back from Prescott the road bike has been getting the love and I have chalked up some good miles on it.  Amazing how the difference in bike can affect the amount of miles.  Even between my cross bike to my Tarmac.  On my cross bike I would go out on a 4 hr ride and put out 60 or 65 miles, but on the Tarmac you can rip out 80 to 85 miles.  It seems to add to my motivation when you see more mileage. All in all I know it is still 4 hrs but it is not very often that someone actually asks you how many hrs you ride,  they always want to know the mileage. 

So with the change in weather and spring coming a lot of people have been getting that racing bug and it is coming quick.  I have my race schedule set for the year and it is heavily weighted with the long distance stuff.  Even skipping Chequamegon again this year.  I really thought I would miss this event, but I don't.  Yeah I miss the after race antics of the team, but the race itself has been my achilles heal for a number of years.  All I ever wanted was to hit the podium once and I have been close on a number of occasions but cant seem to get the job done.  So what takes its place, Marathon National Championships.  This year they are in Bend again and I cannot turn down another oppurtunity to head out there. I love the town and all the trails that surround it!  This year Michelle and I will be spending 2 different 2 week periods out there and one might include some house hunting?  Time will tell. 

No comments: