Saturday, April 21, 2012

All quiet on the bike front

So it is one week till the start of the season and everything seems to be in a nice place of zen.  It has been a long time sincee things were smooth sailing and everyday I woke up excited to ride my bike no matter the workout! Don't get me wrong VO2 workouts still suck, but they are more bareable when you are riding well.  It has also been nice cause I have parked the Tarmac and have been on the Epic 29er for the last week now.  I always find a day of soreness associated with a bike change.  I have tried everything and even have used Scott's Specialized BG fit knowledge on several occasions to make sure everything is dialed.  Everything that we can think of seems dead on , but there is something missing so going into bigger races I do all my rides on the MTB.  Using this plan has become easier this year because of the addition of the Quarq Powermeter to my MTB.  This allows me to still send bossman numbers of what I am doing instead of guessing at a TSS score for every ride.  Although I have noticed a huge difference between your TSS and KJs for the day on the MTB.  Especially when you get on a technical trail.  I really think that formula needs to be re-worked a little!  I can come off a hard mtb ride with several accelerations over 400 watts just completely tanked.  Then if I compare it to one of my road files it is not even close!  Must mean that I am efficient at just setting my pace and leaving it for hours on end and the accelerations are what kill me?  Could also explain why the 100 mile races keep calling my name.  This year I have added even more of them to the schedule and will be less present at the WORS racees, especially the early season ones.  So here is a peak at my schedule for the year:
  
This should keep me busy for the year.  I am still undecided for the PROXct race though.  It is the same weekend as the New Hamshire 100 and I really want to do that one but hard to skip a National race that allows you to sleep in your own bed.  Speaking of sleeping, I found this one the other day while riding.  I guess you never know when you might need a break.  From now on, this is where I will be doing all my intervals, just in case I need a nap!


If anyone knows me though, I do not nap!  I never really even sit down.  The one thing that I do get called out on is that I am always eating!  So my brother in law and his wife decided to help out with some extra calories! 

Yup, that is a 5KG(11lb) tub of Nutella!  So Michelle figured it out and I guess I need to get in something like 88 hrs of race pace workouts to use up all the calories in this thing! So if you have any good Nutella recipes send them my way! 

In other news, Big D has a birthday yesterday.  I think he turned 18 or so?? Acutally I think it was 27, so I started thinking about what was popular in 2001 when I was 27.  Well at the time I was riding a Litespeed Ocoee:


So after thinking about that I started thinking about Scott(oh yeah and McFadden), sorry older men.  I believe at that time Scott was riding a Yeti and McFadden a DBR, but not real sure so here is what Ned was riding in 1992.


Too funny! 

No comments: