Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Game face

OK, not for me cause I really don't have one. What can I say, I like to mess around too much on the bike and race day is no different.  Either way the Cohutta 100 is just a few short days away and I am really excited.  It is going to be a fun time for sure and the race is sold out with a lot of familiar names on the start list.  I for some reason have had some good luck here and I hope that it continues this weekend.  The bike set up for the weekend is the Specialized Epic 29er, yes a 29er for me this year??  I will be running the Specialized renegades for tires, scrub rotors, Truvativ cockpit, and I will be doing my first race with the Quarq Power Meter.  Might have to just send that file to bossman without looking at it.  Not real sure I want to know what the power is at the end of 7hrs in the saddle??  Maybe I will post it here?? 

So to finish the prep for the big weekend, I ended up doing a big weekend of rides.  Started on Saturday on  the Tarmac.  Lets just say it was not a motivational ride by any means as I struggled to get my carcass back home.  Not sure what was a miss, but ouch that hurt.  Then I am not sure this is a bad day cause it happened, or a good day that a Pro bar wrapper became my tire tread and made it 40 miles back home???


 I know the picture is a little blurry but you get the idea.  I then decided to get the proper nutrient in my body so I was ready to go again on Sunday:


Come on, there is a water bottle back there, probably empty though!  That is also not Sprecher in the glass.  Timster stopped and picked up a couple growlers of Central Waters Belgian Blond.  One of the better brews that they make.  Next weekend at Iola I highly recommend you hit them up in Amherst.  Also hersheys was the only chocolate I could find in Tim and Sarah's house! I was going to say that is not right, but I probably ate it all the last time I was there:)   Also the last time we were there we had a beer from Mikkeller Brewery in Norway.  It was really expensive at $13 for a 8.5oz bottle.  It was their Brunch Weasel aged in Cognac barrels.  The interesting thing about it, well read the description of the stock beer before putting it in the Cognac barrels to age for 3 months.  Yup, it said what you thought it did.  Right from the Weasels butt.  I knew that they made coffee this way and it is the most expensive coffee that you could buy, but I swore you would never get me to try it.  That is unless you mask it in the beer form.  All I have to say is the beer is awesome, unfortunately we found out that we got 1 of 48 bottles brought into the state of Wisconsin!! As for the weasel, Mark mentioned he was OK with it cause he was going to just tell himself it was a free range weasel and that somehow made it better in his world??? 

So now that I was fueled back up, I was ready for some team action at the Kettles with Big D, Ryan, and Brian.  Was a good time for sure as we just traded leads and attacks on each other for the entire day!  By the end I think we all had a muffin moment and put in a little under 4 hrs, and a little over 40 miles of fun!! Was also a good last shake down on the bike leading into the first race. 

Next up is a 15 hrs drive to the south, east corner of Tennessee. 

No comments: