Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So outdated!

So for the outdated news on Cali, here are the totals:

36 hrs and 24 min on the bike with a total of 498 miles.  Lattes, hmm, too many to count. Pastries much of the same. 

Now onto some of the more recent happenings.  All bikes are here, minus one which should be within the next couple weeks.  For the medium bikes we ended up needing to order an XT-cRap bike so the first thing to do with that is to scrap the stuff we do not need:


So if you know of anyone looking for parts, we have 3 XTR component groups to get rid of and they will go cheap.  Make me and offer and the easier you make it on me the cheaper the price. 

Also on the bike front we were hooked up with a sweet addition to the MTB this year and just in time for AZ camp. 

Quarqs!  Way excited to have this.  I plan to race with it, especially at the NUE races so look forward to some pathetic numbers at the 7 hr mark:)  So above is Michelle's bike in the build process, right down to some new decals.


Thanks to Mark for always setting the team up!  Now onto the team.  This year we have really made a point to ride as a group at least once a month.  At least as much of the group as we can since everyone is pretty busy.  This past weekend we actually split and the girls went to Milwaukee why the guys plus Brian came up to Amherst.  Made for a good weekend of riding an we managed to see how well Myles can suffer.  He is just coming of basketball season and his first long rides of the year are with us Ya-hoos.  Both days we did around 4 hrs and I think he blew at about the 2 hr mark both days but suffered like I have not seen someone suffer to make the entire distance.  I am pretty sure I would of found a coffee house and made everyone come back and pick me up in the truck! 

After Saturdays ride, we grilled out, drank beer, and made fun of Ryan and Myles building their bikes.  At one time we had 10 Sworks downstairs and 2 in the garage!  Spoiled!



So why those guys worked on the bikes, I just chilled and made my only strenuous effort a trip to the beer cooler!



I rested cause my bike is done, minus the carbon wheels:


Those wheels are freak'n huge!  Guess I will see how they work in AZ and I am hoping to not have to scramble for smaller wheels!

So now to Sunday, 75 miles for Myles, 2 sections of mud/gravel, some pretty good attacking each other up the hills, and a pacing session!  Oh yeah, and another Myles meltdown as stated before.  This one turned into a big suffer fest for all of us so I cannot imagine what was going through Myles head! 


We then finished off the weekend with some pizza! Good team weekend for sure!

Now onto the week.  Busy to say the least.  Yesterday my ride was cut short by a thunderstorm, yup in March.  I hid out at home, had lunch, then finished my ride back into work for 3 hrs of the 4 hrs planned.  Today is more of the same with 4 hrs on the schedule, but no thunderstorms, just mid 60's and the return of the road bike!  So for the year thus far I am sitting at 2406 of studded tire humming miles.  Ok and some warm Cali riding thrown in there as well.  For the week we are also trying to balance getting the new car, getting it ready to leave for AZ on Friday, and since I was getting board, I am leaving for Florida on Thursday to do some programming on an Audio/video system I put in last year.  I will fly out of Florida on Sunday to meet up with everyone else in Prescott to ride the new MTBs and kill some things with Timster! Can't wait! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Chris im interested in the XTR group, email me at cale dot wenthur at gmail dot com

Corey said...

Chris- I might be interested in a XTR group as well. Shoot me an email at uwprunner@hotmail.com

Chris said...

I am flying today, will get an email to ya tonight.

Corey said...

Chris- any updates on the group?