Thursday, March 29, 2012

Press-skit

So the snow is gone and the trails are clear! Oh yeah, RK is gone too! Still blaming him for the snow that greeted us here, especially after his travel stories! One person should never have that much bad luck.


On Tuesday Michelle and I got out for a good amount of climbing around the area and started to scope the trails out. Some were good, some bad, but at the end of the day we rolled back into the house smiling and laughing even after the 6000ft of climbing, some hike a bike, and another 5hrs in the legs.

Then Tuesday night Tyler came up and joined us. So on Wednesday we went out and hit parts of the Whiskey 50 course, the good parts, and rallied around the west side of Press-skit. In the end we had another 6000ft of climbing, some killer downhill practice, and came up with the conclusion that the Whiskey 50 course is epic!

Today is the last day we have here and the course planning is in the works. There has been some discussion of doing the entire Whiskey 50 course, but that adds in some jeep trails, which at this point does not sound too bad. The legs are pretty tender from all the accelerations to get my butt over the hills and some steady tempo might be what I need.

Whatever we decide there is definitely some more "That does not suck" mountain biking in today's plans...........

5 comments:

Mike said...

I like your style, I think I'll use in Cali and just get tons of miles in with no intervals. I am so stoked for a whole week of MTB!

Gerry said...

Right and I have some Epic trails to take him on, trust me we have lots of elevation and ST to ride!

Chris said...

Good, tear his legs off!!

Gerry said...

If I don't I have several friends waiting in line to attack him. Several REAL technical trails to ride while he's here. Not to late for you to catch a flight?

Chris said...

Good luck to them, he is pretty fast this year. No flight for me, in the middle of no where New Mexico driving home.