Tuesday, October 12, 2010

WORS.12

WORS Race #12, Done. What an awesome season.  I counted quickly, but looks like 34 top 5 finishes, and 7 wins throughout the season!  As a team I could not ask for more and I love the way the 212/Specialized team feeds off from each others success.  There is no selfishness and the decisions are made on the fly on who has the legs and who is going.  This past weekend it was Mike.  The race before Darrin.  Mike put it best, it is a good feeling to be out front knowing that you have a teammate behind you controlling things and not chasing you down.

So onto my race.  I think most people heard Lisa announce my birthday at the start, so I really was out to have a lot of fun!  I still wanted to ride fast but the result was less of an issue this week with 5th overall already wrapped up, sorry Ryan.  Anyway, when Don said go I decided my own fate when I missed my pedal, not once, not twice, but three different times!! I settled in and just tried to remain as patient as possible and move up. At the end of the 1st lap I moved up into a group that was 4th-6th on the trail and had Mike and Darrin up front.  I then started to play around some by trying to attack and open gaps on the road sections and then holding things up in the singletrack trying to get Ryan back up and maybe get him the 5th spot on the day.  My strategy almost worked cause I did blow up Scott and Seth, but Ryan was unable to get the 5th spot with Ron having a great ride and taking the last step.  The end of the day had Mike taking the win, Darrin 2nd, me 4th, Ryan 6th. 

The girls had fun and rode hard to finish out their season with Lisa having 2nd overall wrapped up and looks like Michelle will be 7th overall for the year.  Nice work everyone. 

Now it is back to some JRA(Just riding along) Or as TSP and I put it, TITS (Time In The Saddle).  I love the part of just riding my bike!  I have always been one that likes the long 4-5 hr rides with no real purpose.  I did glue some cross tires on though and have my cross bike ready for some racing.  Might see me out??  Might not?? The only definite is Iceman, for a nice ride in the cold northern woods of Michigan followed by an awesome year end party!  Cannot wait!

No comments: