Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best team money can buy????

Not sure my thoughts on that comment, but I can say it is the best team period!  If you sit back and look at the improvements everyone made from the year previous, it is amazing.  Ryan came from finishing in the teens to finishing 6th overall, Lisa moved from 4th overall upto 2nd overall, Big D went from 4th overall to 2nd overall, Michelle came from not riding to 6th overall, and along the way there was always one of us challenging for the podium spots and the win.  We are a team that feeds off the success of our teammates and will do anything for each other to make sure that season goals are met by each rider.  Not to mention we had a lot of fun along the way!!  

Today was no different.  Big D, Ryan, Michelle, and I left our house this morning and met up with Scott on the Tomorrow River Trail.  We then headed into Point and hit the Green Circle Trail, Emy J's Coffee, and then back home.  All in all a bit over 4 hours of nothing but riding bikes and having fun!  It might not help the Iceman results any but it sure was a lot of fun!!

                                                   
  
It was much needed after a week of tons of problems on the bike.  It started at the cross race last Sunday when I decided to cutomize my rear derailleur.  I left nothing but the bearing on one of the jockey wheels??  Not sure how that happened, but why does cross use road derailleurs and not MTB derailleurs?  




So then I tried to make up for it on Monday, by going for a road ride.  I got a bout 30 minutes from home and flatted.  This one was my fault though!!


Then on Wednesday I forgot my booties!  Not a good day to do that when it had a realfeel of 29 degrees, was sleeting, and the winds were blowing at 40 mph! So I improvised! NASCAR fans everywhere would of been proud of this work! 


I then finished the week with a ride from hell on Saturday.  I put new tires on, got about 15 minutes from home and cut the sidewall completely out of my new tire.  I called Michelle to come get me.  I then grabbed my spare front wheel and went back out.  This time I made it about 20 minutes from home and broke a spoke on the front wheel.  The wheel only has like 18 spokes so when it let go it wouldn't even turn between the forks!  Called for another ride and then decided that I would be better off riding the couch for the rest of the day!

I did have some fun this week.  Ryan decided to work on his bunny hopping skills while bombing through town.  Well, he needs to keep working on it cause he wrecked his powertap wheel so i built him up a new one!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bout' I pay you to be on A212???

Anonymous said...

I love the truing stand sitting on the kitchen counter.

TMF