Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Routine has not interrupted life

There is nothing that is routine about my life.  It is always something different and I choose not to even attempt to plan anything cause it will never go that way anyway!  So with that said, things have been good and not to any set plan, sweet! 

Yesterday was a good example, my Monday.  Met Scott at Adventure 212, had breakfast and a coffee and headed south for the day!  Our first stop was Randy's Restaurant in Whitewater to hear about some of the MTB product that Giant is introducing this coming season.  After some lecture time it was then some lunch and off to the Southern Kettles to ride the bikes they were just talking about.  I stayed out of the way as much as possible since I am not selling the bikes like all the other dealers there but did get to ride their new 29er squishy bike.  Thanks Jeff for letting me tag along!!  After some laps around the Southern Kettles we were off for some pizza at Moosejaw and then back home.  What a Monday. 

Now even further back, the Ramble.  I think this sums it up:


This was one of the buttons in our hotel elevator????  It sums my last 2 races up though!  RKL, Ryan Krayer.  Whenever I am in trouble, there he is and this week no different.  I whiffed a pedal at the start, chased back to the front, the pace never lifted and I got shelled.  Not good.  Either way, I fell backwards through the group, then along came Tyler, Ben, and Ryan.  We worked together for the next lap and then I attacked with about 6 miles to go.  I knew this would give us a good chance of taking the 2 top spots out of the group since I would hopefully stay away and Ben and Tyler would be forced to chase giving Ryan a free ride to the finish.  Well it worked and we came in for 6th and 7th on the day.  Big D had a much better day and came in 2nd for the day. 

Now onto the women.  Wow!!  Lisa came away with her first WORS win!!  Sweet.  While also, Michelle came away with a 3rd place overall and her first WORS overall podium finish.  Nice job girls!! 

For our southern exposure, we had Phillips, yes Mike Phillips, race to the victory at the Palos race down in Illinois.  Great to see him racing again and I am sure we are going to see him on many more podiums in the future. 

Now for some goodies, look at my gift the other day:


Scrub Rotors!  If you don;t have a set, you need some!  Just click the link to the left and order them up. 

Once again thanks to all the sponsors that keep us going and to Pete for coming out and cheering the team on this past weekend. 

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I see Darrin is on the bottom of the blog roll. Step it up, big guy!

Chris said...

That's funny, we were just talking about that this morning!

Mike said...

Shame stick.

Anonymous said...

Yah, whats new! Thanks for wrecking my "Mike is on the bottom" bit. I will get one out soon:)So far I have logged about 10minutes of internet time this month....Sweet! Oh yeah; I love my rocket ship of a bicycle!!!!!!!!
Big D