Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Desert Racing @ the Dump

Made it through a weekend at Franklin.  Better than I think I ever have.  This has been a course that has my number and usually I am not excited to come here.  Lots of changes and hard work by the crew down there and it actually turned out to be a fun experience despite being one of those courses that lends itself to have the most local advantage out of any other course that I have ever raced on. 

Either way I still trained right through it with all prep leaning towards the big dance in the northwoods in 3 weeks.  So the race started out faster than my tempo legs would carry me, and I almost put myself on the ground twice during the prologue.  After my mishaps I found myself way back in the pack and was forced to chase.  Not that I really did!  I just put it at my tempo and never slowed, at least not till the 2nd lap.  I had a moment when Ryan wanted to tow me around and I was not real interested in making the hurt worse so I told him to go and I would settle in with Seth.  I did this then rode away from Seth on the final time up the dump.  In the end the Adventure 212 guys took 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th.  The biggest shout out needs to go to Phillips for coming off the couch and finishing on the blocks in 4th!!  I knew he had been training and was going to have a good race here.  Couple more weeks of prep and he will be back to his old ways! 

On the womens side Lisa finished 2nd and Michelle 7th.  Michelle had to make a couple stops to fix a slipping saddle that set her back a little but she still maintained her composure and finished well. 

Next up for a majority of us is the Copper Harbor Fat Tire Fest.  Always enjoy going up there, hanging out, and racing some awesome trails.  I recommend everyone go, it is a must do race!!

No comments: