Monday, June 28, 2010

What a weekend

The house was full again of some of our close cycling companions and some Australian guy?? Where did he come from?  Either way it made for a fun weekend of racing bikes, hanging out, and eating well!  Good thing we were riding bikes a lot cause we went through a lot of food!! 

So the race recap.  Lots of podium time for Team 212/Specialized.  We started things out on Saturday with Sarah racing the Cat 2 race and I am sorry but I cannot remember how she did?  I believe she won her age group and was 3rd overall, but don't quote me on that.  We then moved into the Cat 1 race.  The women made the men look bad in this event with Lisa 1st overall, Di 2nd overall and Michelle 10th overall!! Not to mention Michelle winning her age group!  Ryan ended up 5th overall in the Cat 1 race out like 100 competitors!! Sweet.  Then it was onto the PRO Men.  Darrin rocked the day with a 16th overall, while myself I will talk about later, and Scott in 56th. 

Short Track.  Sarah scored the first win of the day in Womens Cat 2 by taking the overall on her antique Klein!  Lisa then followed with a win of her own with Michelle coming through for an awesome 7th Overall!!  Ryan came in wtih a 7th overall in shrot track as well!!  Then Darrin backed up his XC finish with another 16th place in STXC, Myself later, and Scott 41st. 

It was then up the hill for Super D.  I am still a bit confused on where everyone finished on this cause I was completly bonked by the time everyone got down the hill.  I must say though it was the biggest turnout for Super D that I have ever seen!!  Either way the big story here is Darrin took his first PRO win with the win in Super D!  I somehow ended up on the last podium spot after riding down the hill and not pedaling much??? Oh well it bought ice cream! 

Next up is the Firecracker 50 in Breck!  I cannot wait! 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I think the Aussie came from the Back Lands according to Ty.