Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Heads been spinning, and the wheels too.

At least they were 2 weeks ago at the Mohican Mudfest.  We arrived down there to a tornado warning and these ice chunks falling from the sky leaving nice little imprints into my 6 month old truck.  Freak'n sweet!  Guess that is what I get for taking Mother Nature off my Chistmas Card list.  Don't tell her, but I don't send out Christmas Cards anyways!  So the crappy weather continued and all in all, 2 tornado warnings, 4 inches of rain, hail, and with all that flood warnings were published on Saturday afternoon as well as Scott's, Mark's, and my DNF.  Not to mention the other 200 and some racers that did the same!  What a mess. 

The same weekend some of us were @ Mohican, Darrin was busy up at the 3hr WEMS race in GB where he came out with the win.  Also the same weekend Michelle and Sarah represented 212/Specialized on Tarmac at the Wisconsin State Road Championships.   They did very good and after all was said and done Michelle ended up taking 3rd for a nice podium, check out how close she was to 2nd:

pic stolen from Jay!

Sarah did well too, finishing I think3rd overall but had a one day license so guess you don't count in road racing if you only race every once in a while!

This past weekend was the Kewaskum WORS race.  The team did well with our nightly feed being moved to Darrin and Lynn's since all of us were down in the Milwaukee area for various things.  It worked out well cause we all had food babies by the time 7PM rolled around!!  Yum, I love to eat.  Michelle and I also decided that it would be a good idea to get some R&R in this weekend and decided to get a hotel in DT Milwaukee.  We ended up crashing at Hotel Metro and really enjoyed ourselves.  They had a bar on the top of the building and could not pass it up even though we were racing the next day.  The problem was that we were so cozy that when it came time to start thinking about racing, that was the furthest thing from my mind so we ended up going over to Darrin and Lynn's again to take in everyone elses pre race jitters to try and get the motivation up.  Well it never came!  Etiher way the race went well, even though I blew getting into my pedal at the start and was sitting in something like 20th hitting the 1st climb.  I kept it moving and raced my own race hoping people would blow, no luck with the race time being so short and came in for 6th place.  Really enjoyed it though cause I rode around with Ryan all day and was even treated to the girls new 212 cheer!


I must admit, when I heard Ryan clapping back there I had to give a little dig, but it was all in fun.  So for the day Darrin was 3rd, Me 6th, and Ryan 7th.

Now onto the ladies.  Lisa rode well and battled it out with Abby all day only to lose by 5 seconds once the dust settled.  Not sure how everything went down but On the first lap Ryan and I saw Lisa crest the top of the hill with a small gap so she must of decided to go from the gun.  Michelle struggled a bit and was not real happy with her placing, but I am super excited to see her back racing and how much improving she has done so far this year.  If she keeps going I might have to stop racing and support her! 

This weekend Michelle and I are headed up to do the Chaindrive.  I have never done this race, but went to school up there and know how much fun the trails are.  Scott and Mark will be headed over to the Lumberjack 100 and the rest of the team I believe is laying low to get ready for the ProXCT race to hit Wisco the following weekend.  Cannot wait!  If you are on the fence on weather to do this event, you better book your travel and not miss it!! 

No comments: