Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In search of the draft!

Here is a good pick that surfaced of us messing around out in Cali. I was working on some new drafting techniques while sitting on the back of the pack!!


I already miss the just riding around and not havig to deal with the normal day to day things!  It is amazing how much more work you can get done on the bike!

Either way, I am feeling good and confident going into next weeks NUE 100 race down in Cohutta!  Last year I really enjoyed this race and the format, one 100 mile loop, despite having 3 flat tires.   This year I am running a Specialized Renegade, which is a tubeless ready tire, and should keep the flat monster from visiting me.  On the bike front, everything seems to be dialed in and it weighs in right at 20 lbs race ready for the distance!  This is awesome cause I think I can get my STXC set up under 19 lbs!  Sweet! 

This weekend will be my last weekend to shake down the bike and make sure it is ready to go.  It also sounds like Mikee and Big "D" are going to come up and get the rest of their race care package and to do some riding.  Now we just need to decide where to ride? Hopefully we do not ride the bar stools at the brewery too long on Saturday!!

No comments: